#017 Dean Radin: Are Psychic Phenomena Real? | Telepathy, Precognition, Psychokinesis | (Supernormal)
Are some of the superpowers described in ancient legends, science fiction, and comic books actually real?
Telepathy, clairvoyance, and precognition–are these inherent supernormal mental powers?
Is it really possible to perceive another person’s thoughts, influence objects with our minds, and envision future events?
In this episode, I interview Dr. Dean Radin. He is Chief Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences. For three decades he has been engaged in frontiers research on the nature of consciousness. He was featured in a New York Times Magazine article; and he has appeared on dozens of television shows ranging from the BBC’s Horizon and PBS’s Closer to Truth to Oprah and Larry King Live. He has given over 350 interviews and talks.
Dean is author or coauthor of over 250 technical and popular articles, three dozen book chapters, and three books including the award-winning The Conscious Universe, Entangled Minds, and the 2014 Silver Nautilus Book Award winner, Supernormal: Science, Yoga, and the Evidence for Extraordinary Psychic Abilities.
IN THIS EPISODE, DEAN ANSWERS THE FOLLOWING:
• Is it possible for us to have super powers like those in science fiction and in comic books?
• What do you mean by “supernormal”? Why not use the word “supernatural”?
• Why is there a big difference between Western culture and India concerning psychic phenomena?
• Are telepathy, clairvoyance, and psychokinesis real?
• Why are a lot of people cynical and uncomfortable about the possibility of “something more”?
• How has technology played a factor as to why supernormal abilities have devolved?
• Does everyone have these psychic abilities?
• Are supernormal abilities able to be developed?
• Have you had any experiences that would be considered psychic phenomena?
• In the West, yoga is very trendy. But what’s the essential goal of yoga?
• What are some of the benefits of yoga and meditation?
• How has Quantum mechanics falsified many of the current assumptions of science?
• Are miracles in violation or in contradiction to nature?
• Why are many scientists and scholars hesitant to address the idea of miracles?
• Are mystical experiences hallucinations or do they reflect a truthful picture of reality?
• What are some cases of levitation you can share?
• Can you tell us about any precognition experiments?
• Can you tell us about your psychokinesis experience?
• Is there one experiment that stands out in particular that convinced you supernormal abilities?
• Can practitioners meditating on peace and nonviolence literally lower crime and violence?
• What are some of the limits of the scientific method?
• How has the scientific community accepted you and your work?
• Where do you see science headed concerning embracing psychic phenomena?
SUPPORT THIS PODCAST TO HELP KEEP IT RUNNING!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE